Friday, May 21, 2010

Them Crooked Vultures




Okay. So I am a big fan of Nirvana and Foo Fighters, and i heard about this new project that Dave Ghrol (Drummer of Nirvana Lead guitar and vocals for Foo Fighters) has been working on with John Paul Jones (Bassist of Led Zeppelin). It is called Them Crooked Vultures.

The have a very original sound that doesn't sound like anything that I have ever heard before. Dave Ghrol is playing drums for them, and that would be the first time that he would play drums on a record since Nirvana, so I think that's a pretty big deal. I don't remember who the other two in this band project were, but the band as a whole sounds very good.

The only question I have is what will happen with Foo Fighters? I love that band. Dave Ghrol's voice is awesome with the band and I don't think he should give up a band that he started from the ground up. I totally support Dave Ghrol and his decisions with music; because if he wasn't smart, he wouldn't have been a part of not one, but TWO great bands that have made a footprint in the rock world. Nirvana and Foo Fighters. Maybe Them Crooked Vultures will be added to that list soon as well!!

Much Love, More Syrup,
Mr. Waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment