Thursday, May 20, 2010

I can't think of a favorite band

Okay, so for this assignment, i have to think of a favorite band. If any of my teachers know me, I can't think of just one. So i am just going to pick the one i fell in love with at an early age...

So, ever since i was young (About 4) I always loved Van Halen. I heard the song called "Dreams" from the Sammy Hagar era, and i thought that the solo at the end of the song was amazing. Ever since then, i thought they were amazing.

I bought my first Van Halen CD when i was about 8, and it was a "best of" album. I listened to the whole Compilation (2 disks) Every night before i fell asleep. I thought their music was so original. My top favorite songs by them would have to be Dreams, Summer Nights, Love Walks In, Why can't this be Love, Hot For Teacher, Drop Dead Legs, And all of Van Halen II (2nd studio album)

I loved the way Eddie Van Halen Played guitar. I thought it was so original and raw. He had so much talent. I would say that he still does, but he hasn't been working with Van Halen for the past few years. He has been releasing his signature guitar gear and shoes (yes, shoes.) I heard on VH1 about a year or so ago that Van Halen was working on a new studio album with David Lee Roth (The original Van Halen singer.) It would be the first album released by the original Van Halen since 1984. But, along with everything that they say Van Halen will do, Thats all up in the air...

Much Love, More Syrup,
Mr. Waffles


2 comments: